Saturday, July 01, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth



Last night to escape the heat, I went to see Al gore's An Inconvenient Truth. Those who have not been reading the news lately or are a Republican hiding from the truth, An Inconvenient Truth is a documentary by Davis Guggenheim about Global Warming. The premiss is based on Gore's slide show presentation that he has been giving all over the world for years. It is a simple concept that he is trying to get across. If we do not do something about global warming, then the world as we know it may cease to exist. It is not a question of "if it will happen", it is a question of "when it will happen."

I was impressed with the film and it made me think how I can help solve this global issue. The films main point that I took home is that people go from denial about the issue to Despair, because it seems like an unstoppable problem, without stopping to analyze what we can do. I hope everyone that will see this movie will stop and think. I know an looking deeper into the issue, so that I can get a better understanding and ultimately be an informed citizen.






Technorati Tags: , ,