Friday, April 22, 2005

Salzburg and Switzerland

Ok its been awhile since I posted, but Switzerland is so expensive and internet access requires a bank loan just for 20 min. I had an amazing time in Salzburg. The city of motzart and the sound of music was a rainy one. I took the touristy sound of music tour, just because it was a bus tour and I was tired of walking in the rain. It was good and I learned alot about the movie which was filmed in salzburg and I guess a true story. I also did a motzart concert at the fortress which was very good. Its off season so the room was not packed but it was good.


The next day was a long travel day with 4 trains from salzburg to Lauterbrunenn which is in the valley of the swiss alps. It was a nice train ride and a great place to spend a few days. Really relaxing I was able to take trains and gondolas to little alp villages and do some hiking. It is their between season Winter and summer being very busy, so aside from some tourists, I had the place to myself.

Short ride to Bern, the capital of Switzerland, it is a small big city. The old town is walkable and it is a university town so it feels young and vibrant. Went to einstins house and saw the famouse bear pits. Going to check out the city over the next few days and then it is off to paris, and then I will be home on the 25th. To be honest I am not looking forward to ending this journey. It has been amazing and fun and I am alreading planning my next trip. Europe is a great and easy place to travel. I recommend it for every one.

Well the swiss francs are ticking away. will post audio later today.