Thursday, August 11, 2005

Getty Art and free wifi

I am sitting outside the Getty auditorium waiting for a lecture to start. I will be podcasting tonight's lecture by John Nava. The topic is Rembrandt and painting religious figures. Nava has provided work for Our Lady of Angels cathedral here in Los Angeles. His tapestries of saints are magnificent. I am glad the Getty center has these free lectures from time to time. Being involved in Internet and technology can take you away from other cultural treats. Los Angeles has a great museum base and often you can find events like this.

I am glad the Getty was able to provide free wifi. I opened up my laptop and here is an nice open network. I am not sure this is legit, but I would think the Getty would have the IT staff to lock down their network if they wanted to.

I will post more after the lecture. Now I am going to enjoy my beer and podcast.

Cheers.