Sunday, July 31, 2005

Problems with Ourmedia.org

I checked my blog today and found a few things missing. Mainly my header picture, nice view of Paris inside the Pompeduo centre, and my gif buttons that link to my 1 - click subscriptions. In addition, all my podcast links were dead.

What gives? All the data I loaded was tested and has been live befor I linked to it? So I go to my ourmedia page and find all the URL's have changed for my media. No big deal right? Wrong. Ourmedia can't just go changing url locations anytime they feel like. Those who use the service to host podcast's and vblogging will spend tireless hours trying to relink all their data. I left a post on the forum to see if there is an explanation.

In any event, I realize that Ourmedia is a) a free service and b) is still in alpha. So I have to be patient because the are offering me free hosting and bandwidth, and it has only been out a few months. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens in the future, but I guess you have to follow the old cliche: "you get what you pay for".


Tag me silly: